#1 Calei

Calei

fractals

• Special Fucks
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5810 posts
  • Interests:Click click.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

Just watched a sweet trailer of the gameplay from gametrailers. I cannot wait to play it!!!

#2 Saiyr

Saiyr

Kireiko's Idiot

• Fucker of Fucks
  • 5500 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

play the demo yet?
Poop.

#3 Calei

Calei

fractals

• Special Fucks
  • 5810 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

A little bit. Didn't do all of the playing types (I will eventually, I'm sure) but I really like the little improvements. And the fact that it's definitely not as choppy as it was in the first game. Can't wait!

(So much that I've been marathoning DAO and will be replaying DAOA.

#4 Drakinar

Drakinar

Tyrant in training

• Uploading Fucks
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Taking over the world.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

I really really like the dragon age setup but the one thing that pisses me off to no end, was that you easily, easily could have had it be multi-player on console instead of just online. Coop play in the campaign would have been fantastic. WHY DON'T MORE GAMES COOP!!!!! greedy fucking bastards just wanting to sell more copies of their games. Me and my wife both love RPGs and both of us loved DAO, would have been epic.... sad.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#5 Calei

Calei

fractals

• Special Fucks
  • 5810 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

I really really like the dragon age setup but the one thing that pisses me off to no end, was that you easily, easily could have had it be multi-player on console instead of just online. Coop play in the campaign would have been fantastic. WHY DON'T MORE GAMES COOP!!!!! greedy fucking bastards just wanting to sell more copies of their games. Me and my wife both love RPGs and both of us loved DAO, would have been epic.... sad.

I was just thinking about that as well. I think maybe it's because if someone else was the "leader" as well, you couldn't play the story out the same.

#6 Saiyr

Saiyr

Kireiko's Idiot

• Fucker of Fucks
  • 5500 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

restarted awakening yesterday because i lost my save. didn't get very far so i guess it didn't matter. i already played da:o all the way through once and most of the way again, that game wasted so much of my life. too busy to replay all of that now, but i might try to finish awakening (and maybe the DLCs that import) before starting da2. question is, preorder or not? i hate missing out on preorder items but $60 is a lot
Poop.

#7 Calei

Calei

fractals

• Special Fucks
  • 5810 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

restarted awakening yesterday because i lost my save. didn't get very far so i guess it didn't matter. i already played da:o all the way through once and most of the way again, that game wasted so much of my life. too busy to replay all of that now, but i might try to finish awakening (and maybe the DLCs that import) before starting da2. question is, preorder or not? i hate missing out on preorder items but $60 is a lot

Serrrrrriously. I am not sure how I'm going to budget it in...but I *just* finished da:o again today. I need to redo awakening, since I played it as an Orlesian Warden. (We had some sort of issue with the patch corrupting the save data on the ps3 with awakening) I still have to do Leliana's Song and Witch Hunt, but I've done all the other DLC associated with them.

I really want to go through and play as something other than a mage and test out some of the different possible story options.

I'm preordering. Picking up the day after, since that's when I get paid again.

#8 Saiyr

Saiyr

Kireiko's Idiot

• Fucker of Fucks
  • 5500 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:08 PM

Serrrrrriously. I am not sure how I'm going to budget it in...but I *just* finished da:o again today. I need to redo awakening, since I played it as an Orlesian Warden. (We had some sort of issue with the patch corrupting the save data on the ps3 with awakening) I still have to do Leliana's Song and Witch Hunt, but I've done all the other DLC associated with them.

I really want to go through and play as something other than a mage and test out some of the different possible story options.

staying at home this week and going to taiwan next week so i probably won't even get to play it for at least 2 D:
Poop.

#9 Calei

Calei

fractals

• Special Fucks
  • 5810 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

staying at home this week and going to taiwan next week so i probably won't even get to play it for at least 2 D:

Lucky you! Maybe just wait until the price drops then?

#10 Calei

Calei

fractals

• Special Fucks
  • 5810 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

Oh....it is SOOOO much better art and play-wise than Origins!

I haven't played much yet, but it's definitely a big improvement for console players. I like it a lot!

#11 Saiyr

Saiyr

Kireiko's Idiot

• Fucker of Fucks
  • 5500 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:43 PM

http://www.metacriti...c/dragon-age-ii

get to wake up early for take two of air travel
Poop.

#12 Calei

Calei

fractals

• Special Fucks
  • 5810 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:42 PM

Wow. The user reviews are pretty scathing. I, for one, like the game. I just hit act 2. I don't mind the ME-esque dialogue wheel, since it's intended on explaining how it is to be interpreted, unlike DA:O. I don't like all of the features that they've changed (for instance, healing potions now have a 30 second cooldown period) but it's playable. I have it on the ps3, so I can't tell you what it's like for the pc, or how it compares with the pc version of DA:O. The textures are better and people look pretty good. I like the flashier combat system and I don't mind you don't have to pause every 2 seconds to set up for every party member's attacks or tactics.

But that's just me. Obviously, everyone expects something different, but I am thus far satisfied with the game. My boyfriend says the graphics are not quite as good as Mass Effect 2, but I can definitely appreciate the improvements. My biggest gripe so far is with the reuse of dungeon maps. (Certain areas will have parts blocked off on one map and be opened on the other, but with the same exact layout)

It mostly seems to be a "make your own story by the quests you take" instead of a big story with an ultimate overt plot like in DA:O.

#13 Illinest

Illinest

Elon Musk rules.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts
  • Interests:Corvette.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

i tried the demo. Seems to combine the worst aspects of Diablo and Baldur's Gate. Playable - like 7 out of 10 playable - but I'm not going to buy it or warez it.
No signature.

#14 Calei

Calei

fractals

• Special Fucks
  • 5810 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

The demo is actually pretty awful. Try a rental of it if you want. I like the actual game so much more.

#15 Illinest

Illinest

Elon Musk rules.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts
  • Interests:Corvette.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

cannot rent. do not own a console.

it's just not my style of game. just like WoW. I like Blizzard, like the idea of MMORPG, like old-school RPG, but do not like that particular combination.
No signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users